WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT NAIL ART
Women love to pamper themselves. Putting on simple nail polish satisfies others. But some want more than that. Nail art is a creative way of decorating, painting, enhancing, and embellishing the nails. It is done after manicures or pedicures. It can complement your outfit or add a unique touch to your personality. Very detailed art is best left to nail technicians but there are many designs that can be done at home. You may try duo-tones, glitter and jewels, polka dots, blended colors, marbling or stamping for an amazing effect.
Essential items for nail art
Most women enjoy going to nail salons to get their nails done regularly. But there are those who do not have time to do so. Some prefer to paint their nails while watching their favorite TV show. Here are the items you must have if you plan to apply nail art on your own.
- Nail polish. The more color you could choose from the better.
- Base coat and top coat. These are important to prevent stains and damages.
- Nail polish remover and cotton pads. If you are using regular nail polish you will need these. If you are using gel polish then skip this.
- Cuticle oil and nail repair formula. This will help the nails keep hydrated and strong.
- Scotch tape and striping tape. Certain designs are easier done with these tapes on your nails.
- Decoration brush. This is used to put on the designs.
- Cotton buds. You may use this to wipe off excess polish or you can also use this as a dabbing tool.
- This is needed to create certain designs that need details
- Tweezers and nail file. It is easier to put on stickers and jewels with this.
- Studs, stones, and stickers. These will enhance your nail design.
- Glitter and metallic nail polishes. These will give off a unique vibe.
How to apply nail art
- Prepare your nails.
- Remove old nail polish if you have any.
- Trim and file your nails. Shape them to make them look neat. Do not trim too short. More space is better to work with.
- Apply a base coat. It protects the nails from stains and damages. Make sure it is completely dry before proceeding.
- Paint the nails.
- Apply a base coat and let it dry.
- Choose a color polish and carefully paint the nails. Let it dry once more.
- Design, decorate or embellish it.
- Be creative and decorate the nails as you like. There are different designs you could choose from.
- You can also add a jewel or sticker to your nail to accent it.
- You can even try mixing loose glitter with nail polish before applying it to your nails.
- Allow the nails or the design to dry completely before finishing off with a top coat.
Looking for a beautiful gorgeous way to add flair to your look? There are a lot of kits available in the market for your pigmentos decoración. Why not try everything to know what’s most suitable for you?