Some Information About Calcium Screening
A calcium screening score is a score that is recorded for the heart test, also known as the coronary calcium scan. It is a CT scan or computerized tomography test that helps detect calcium deposits in the arteries. A calcium score in West Orange, NJ, suggests the chances of significant narrowing in the heart’s arteries and helps identify the potential risk of a heart attack.
Who should get a calcium score screening?
People under the age group of 40 to 70 have a higher risk of a heart attack. The people at risk should consider taking the calcium screening to improve their heart health. The people who have these traits should also take the test.
- The people who have a family history of heart diseases
- People who are smokers or were into smoking in the past.
- The ones have high cholesterol, diabetes, and high blood pressure problems.
- The ones who are overweight
- People who have a sedentary lifestyle or inactive life.
What do all things happen during the test?
Many things happen in calcium scores in West Orange, NJ,
- Firstly the person has to change their clothes and wear the hospital gown.
- Then one has to lie on the unique scanning table for the scanning purpose.
- The technologists will clean the chest area and stick the electrode patches in three places. The electrodes are attached to the machine, called an electrocardiograph which helps monitor the heart’s electrical activity.
- The table is moved in the donut-shaped scanner during the scanning procedure, and a high-speed scan is captured. In this, the images and synchronized heartbeat are recorded by the cardiovascular radiologist.
- With the help of these scans, the reports tell about the calcium status. If there is an absence of calcium, the report will be considered harmful; if it is present, the calcium score is created, and coronary artery disease will be estimated.
- The scanning procedure takes around 15 minutes, and the reports are given to the patients in 2-3 days.
Calcium score in West Orange, NJ, is the best way to know the heart health; with the help of the process, an individual can have a healthy heart.